When you visit any website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and change our default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer. You may modify your choice using the Cookie preferences link at the bottom of the screen.
Call for Applications 2023
Thank you for your interest in joining the Creativity for Social Change community!
We appreciate your time and effort in sharing more information about your organization and your inspiring work to drive positive social impact.
The Creativity Pioneers Fund (CPF) catalyzes transformational social change by investing in, connecting, and championing cultural and creative organizations that advance bold and unconventional practices for building a more just, inclusive, and equitable world. Working with and alongside organizations, donors and other stakeholders across the creative ecosystem, the Creativity Pioneers Fund aims to mobilize a collective effort to advance Creativity for Social Change.
The Creativity Pioneers Fund was launched in 2021 by Moleskine Foundation to provide flexible funding in the amount of € 5,000 to creative and cultural organizations to help sustain their essential functions and programs. Today, the Creativity Pioneers Fund represents a coalition of partners who believe in the transforming power of creativity and the need to use a new philanthropic approach to social change. Leveraging the creative ecosystem of partners and stakeholders, the Creativity Pioneers Fund aims to offer various learning and development opportunities for its participants/recipients.
The Creativity Pioneers Fund intends to invest in bold, inspiring and intersectional organizations close to the challenges and communities they seek to address. Through the Creativity Pioneers Fund, we are promoting a more progressive philanthropic approach based on trust, unrestricted funding, valorization of intersectionality, simple and inclusive paperwork both at the selection process and M&E, and a strong focus on building long-lasting networks and ecosystems.
In the application, we strongly encourage you to describe your organization in its entirety, sharing what really moves you, beyond a conventional grant writing language.
Click here to explore the organizations selected as the first two cohorts of the Creativity Pioneers Fund.
The call for 2023 is Now Closed, and the deadline for submitting the Expression of Interest is 14 May 2023, 11:00 pm CET. Before submitting your application, carefully read the GUIDELINES to see what organizations are eligible to apply, and the steps and criteria of the selection process.
What is the Creativity Pioneers Fund?
- The Creativity Pioneers Fund supports organizations that reinforce the critical role of creativity in driving social impact.
- The Creativity Pioneers Fund aims to provide ongoing infrastructure to build a platform that will drive greater resources and partnerships to the field of Creativity for Social Change.
- Unrestricted funding (with a 5,000 euro grant) is available to organizations that demonstrate how they center creativity in their mission and programs. Organizations whose target audience is youth (17-27 y.o.) will be prioritized.
- We will take into high consideration applications coming from organizations focused on inclusivity, supporting minority groups and underserved communities.
- The Creativity Pioneers Fund welcomes applications from organizations working across the globe. We seek to have a range of fields and sectors represented to showcase the breadth and variety of organizations demonstrating the Creativity for Social Change mindset.
The application process
This round of the Creativity Pioneers Fund involves a two-step process. We aim to complete the application process by late summer and disburse funds by December at the latest.
- Expressions of Interests (EOIs) will be accepted from 24 April – 14 May. EOIs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and undergo a committee review, which include experts, members of Moleskine Foundation and Partners’ teams, Creativity Pioneers recipients of past editions.
- Due to the high volume of applications anticipated, we aim to complete the review of all EOIs and notify applicants of the decision by 15 June.
- Organizations invited to prepare a full proposal must submit materials by 26 June.
- Full proposals will also undergo a committee review. Final award decisions will be announced in September.
- Agreements finalized and funds disbursed by December.
Submit a new application